Tools, Tips and Lists
Coaching for Performance - The GROW Coaching Model - Questions
These questions will help you get the most out of the
GROW Coaching Model
your people to higher performance.
- What is the aim of this discussion?
- What do you want to achieve long term?
- What does success look like?
- How much personal control or influence do you have over your goal?
- What would be a milestone on the way?
- By when do you want to achieve it?
- Is that positive, challenging and attainable?
- How will you measure it?
- What is happening right now? Only focus on fact, what is really happening at the moment. (WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW MUCH, HOW OFTEN)
- Who is directly and indirectly involved?
- If things are not going well with this issue, who else gets drawn in?
- If things are not going well, what happens to you?
- What about others involved, what happens to them?
- What have you done about this so far? With what results?
- How often have you tried?
- What is missing in this situation?
- What is holding you back from finding a way forward?
- Intuitively, what is really going on here?
- What options do you have for steps to resolve this issue?
- What else might you do?
- What would someone who handles this kind of issue really do well?
- What if you had more time for this issue, what might you try?
- What if you had less time? What might that force you to try?
- Imagine that you had more energy and confidence, what could you try then?
- What if somebody said: "Money no object"? What might you try then?
- If you had total power, what might you try then?
- What if you could start again?
- If the constraints you identified earlier were removed - what could you do then?
- What should you do?
- Would you like another suggestion?
- What are the costs and benefits of each of these ideas?
- What option or options do you choose?
- To what extent does this meet all of your objectives?
- What are your criteria and measurements for success?
- When, precisely, will you start and finish each action step?
- What could hinder you taking these steps?
- What personal resistance do you have to taking these steps?
- What will you do to eliminate these external and internal factors?
- Who needs to know what your plans are?
- What support do you need, and from whom?
- What could I do to support you?
- What commitment, on a 1 - 10 scale do you have to taking these agreed actions?
- What prevents this from being a 10?
- What could you do to alter or raise your commitment closer to 10?
Used with the
GROW Coaching Model
for coaching your people to higher performance.
Do you have any comments about these questions? Please
send them to resource @ mentoric.com.
More tools, tips and lists