Bob Bissett is the founder of Mentoric, a management and team development
company dedicated to helping organizations reach their potential, through
a blend of facilitation, training, coaching and consultancy.
Bob acquired his solid background of management and leadership experience
in IBM Canada, IBM Germany and Cap Gemini UK.
Bob has over 30 years of business and consulting experience that he has
employed to advise organizations such as Morgan Stanley, Research In Motion
(RIM), The European Central
Bank, McDonalds Restaurants, QinetiQ, Marks and Spencer, Master
Foods (Mars), The Ministry of Defense, Roche Products Limited, Cadbury's,
DHL, Barclays Bank, the University of Cambridge and many others on management
development, staff development and business improvement.
Personal interventions include:
- Developed and facilitated a series of workshops entitled 'Tools
for Innovation and Decision Making' as part of an Innovation
Masterclass program for an international investment bank in London.
- Facilitated the annual Decision Conference training for the Ministry
of Defence. This is where major procurement decisions are made and prioritized
using MCDA (Multi Criteria Decision Analysis) tools and best practice
- Developed and facilitated a 'wine themed' team development program
for a European Bank in Frankfurt.
- Advised the 'Defence Science and Technology Laboratory' (DSTL)
division of the Ministry of Defence on best practice facilitation for
their annual Capability Audit.
- Designed and facilitated a workshop to establish a European Vision for the
Human Resources division of an international confectionery company.
- Developed and facilitated a series of intense workshops, run
over several years, for the training of key analysts and senior civil servants
at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) to
effectively facilitate difficult and controversial meetings.
- Kick-started several major projects and change programs through
facilitated key workshops and meetings for major organizations
including: McDonald's Restaurants, Marks and Spencer, MJ Gleeson, Herman
Miller, Solvay Healthcare and B&Q.
- Designed and facilitated the 'Bayeux Tapestry' workshop to
identify and resolve problems and issues within the demoralized
team of a major UK charity organization. Over the course of the
2-day workshop the staff were taken on a journey from the past,
through the present and into the future. The workshop concluded
with a plan of action that the whole team enthusiastically supported.
- Facilitated the annual conference for the IT division of a UK
based pharmaceutical company. The event, which was held in Barcelona,
included several of our management simulations and a number of facilitated
workshops to identify and action current issues within the organization.
- Hosted and facilitated a program of monthly Business Transformation
workshops for senior managers of DHL in London and Brussels.
- Designed and facilitated the Strategic Focus and Team Alignment
workshops for a number of Integrated Project Teams in the Ministry
- Through a combination of consulting, facilitation and presentations
to the Board of Directors Bob helped the management team of an
international convenience-food chain raise the profile of the IT
division within their organization and helped them take a proactive
role in the shaping and achieving of strategic goals.
- Facilitated the annual leadership meeting for newly appointed VP's
of an international investment bank. Using one of our management
simulations we ensured that there was 100% participation as they
developed their leadership and team skills. As with all of our facilitated
workshops the lessons from the simulation were explored and discussed
with each of the teams and individuals to ensure they would take
something positive back to the workplace.
- Facilitated sessions with the University of Cambridge in England brought
together various staff members, budget holders, architects, building contractors,
local government representatives and engineers as they worked together to build a
new Centre for Stem Cell Research at the University.